COVID-19 VIRUS CUSTOMER NOTICE
In line with the current government guidelines, we are aiming to reopen The Sun Cafe + Bar on Saturday 4th July. This will be subject of course to any changes which may be subsequently made by the government.
We can’t wait to welcome back all of our lovely, supportive and loyal customers!
Operational guidelines from the government have been at best sketchy, so we are currently working on the existing two metre social distancing in place, but will of course adjust this should the distancing rules change.
There will of course be some changes to the way in which we will need to operate and we would be really grateful if customers could please read and adhere to any restrictions we have to implement. These restrictions will be closely monitored and adjusted accordingly, in line with our legal and moral obligations.
Finally, please be patient with us when you visit! These are strange times for us all and we will need to adjust to doing things a little differently. Certain things may also take us just a little longer than usual.
1. Please do not enter the premises if you have any of the Covid-19 symptoms.
2. Please try to adhere to the one meter (or two where possible) social distancing rule where possible at all times. Please pay extra attention at the ‘pinch points’ of entrance and exit doors, toilets, etc.
3. Based upon the current guidelines, there should be no more than two households meeting at one time, please adhere to these guidelines to help stop the spread. We respectfully ask that you do not move any tables or chairs around or join other groups, including the outside areas - All tables have already been separated to comply with current social distancing rules.
For now, we will only be taking a bookings up to six people.
4. We shall be providing table service only, so please bear with us during busy periods. Please do not come to the bar (unless making payment) to place orders, bring back dirty glasses, etc.
5. The preferred method of payment will be by card where possible please. Payments will be taken at the payment point at the bar.
6. We will not be able to permit customers to stand or congregate at the bar.
7. We will provide all necessary cutlery etc. with your food and beverages. We will also provide any condiments you may require upon request and in sachets.
8. We shall be operating a ‘one in, one out’ system with the toilets.
9. Please take menus home with you to dispose of yourself.
10. Dogs are welcome in the garden and front bar area, but must be kept on leads at all times.
11. Children must remain at tables or with parents at all times.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these difficult times
To view menus for when we re-open please click here
WEDNESDAY: 9am - 5pm
THURSDAY: 9am - 5pm
FRIDAY:9am - 10pm
SATURDAY:9am - 10pm
SUNDAY: 10am - 5pm
Breakfast is served 9am-11.15am (From 10am on Sunday)
Lunch is served from 12pm-2.15pm
Friday + Saturday Small Plates Menu is served 6.30pm-8.30pm
Due to the COVID-19 situation, we will be opening with slightly reduced hours to begin with and we will be closing on Tuesdays in addition to Mondays.
We will review this in a couple of weeks after we have been able to assess the effects on the business levels, extra cleaning time, staffing levels, etc
Thank you for your understanding.